These rules apply to everyone in the library. Library staff will intervene to prohibit any of the activities or behaviors listed below. Violators will be asked to stop such activity immediately. If the activity/behavior continues, he/she will be instructed to leave the library for the remainder of that calendar day. A “Barred from the Library” form will be completed and any further disturbances will result in a longer suspension at the discretion of the Library Director.
No person may:
- steal, damage or alter any property of the library
- smoke, chew tobacco or products containing tobacco or marijuana on library property.
- commit harassment of another person, within the meaning of Section 18-9-111 C.R.S. or any successor statute, in the library
- commit indecent exposure, within the meaning of Section 18-7-302 C.R.S. or any successor statute, in the library
- ride a skateboard, bring or ride a bicycle, wear or use rollerblades or rollerskates, or jeopardize the safety of anyone in the library
- carry, lead, bring an animal into the library or cause an animal to enter the library, with the exception of properly identified service animals for disabled persons under the control of their owners
- possess a concealed weapon that is not legally licensed and open display of weapons is prohibited (Open Display of Weapons Policy and C.R.S. 18-12-105)
- bring into, sell, possess or be under the influence of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs, including drug paraphernalia, in the library or on library property. The library reserves the right to serve alcohol at library events
- be in the library, without the permission of an authorized library employee, before or after library operating hours
- make unreasonable use of the restrooms, including laundering, shaving, hair cutting or trimming and bathing